Sunday, March 3, 2013

La Fiesta!


Hola!
For the past few days the weather has been freezing, drab and just plain gross. However, I've been working on some fabulously uplifting projects that are bright and colorful! Hopefully this post will cheer (and warm) you up!

Since we're in the season of winter everyone's wearing dull colors - black, grey, brown - there is no color! So I'm going through a phase of making things bright and colorful. I love bright oranges, bold pinks, and sunset yellows. 



My first project is a Kindle/laptop/tablet sleeve. I made it with faux leather (on sale at Joanns!!) and contrasted the lining in a sunset/mustard yellow felt. I blanket-stitched the top using the matching yellow embroidery floss. Embroidering the top gives the sleeve a fancy and elegant touch.






I looove this next piece. I call it "La Fiesta en el Apron." The colors are so rich, it reminds me of a Mexican fiesta! I can imagine mi abuela wearing it... standing at the stove flipping tortillas!




I can't wait for summer! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment